Alan has appeared in a significant number of publications including The Kernel , TechCrunch and Start Your Business Magazine. He has also produced a number of free white papers including: The Guide to Raising Early Stage Finance and Business Model Innovation Guide. Alan covers a range of different topics from SaaS, to Entrepreneurship to Social Media.
1. The Kernel
- Entrepreneurship’s Dirty Little Secret
- Metrics are a Startups friend
- Send the Right Signal
- How to Market your SaaS Startup
- Life’s too short
- All articles
- The Importance of Traction
- Why Europe lags the US in Technology Startups
- Why Tech Entrepreneurs need to focus on creating a viable business model?
- Why Business Planning is Not Pointless
- Look for Finance Before You Need It
- Is there sufficient demand for your product or service?
4. Entrepreneur Country
5. All About Business (Bank of Ireland)
- The Importance of Clearly Defining your Market
- Are Business Plans Still Relevant
- Raising Equity Finance
- How to Measure Small Business Performance
- What to do When you Arrive Late to the Party
- How to Write a Business Plan
- Do you need an exit strategy?
- All articles
- How to write the perfect business plan
- Cash-poor start-ups: It’s better to be late to the party than first to market
- 5 Business Planning Myths you Need to Forget
- Are Business Exhibitions a Waste of Time?
- “Marketing should be part of your start-up’s DNA from day one
7. Startup Donut
- It’s free business advice – but is it reliable?
- How can I create a simple business plan
- Start up Business Plan – Top 10 Tips
- All articles
8. New Business Magazine
- Why you should consider bootstrapping your new business
- Negotiating with Prospective Investors
- Demonstrating clear evidence of demand?
- How to write an effective marketing plan
- Planning in Uncertain Times
- Why sales forecasting is vital
- Time for a Plan B
- How to get online marketing right
- How Tackling Your Limiting Factor Can Improve Output
9. New Media Knowledge
- Securing Early Stage Finance
- Time to talk to that big competitor in your crosshairs!
- Online Marketing Getting the Basics Right
- Black Swans and Strategic Planning
10. O2 Ideas Room
- How should I fund my startup?
- The Importance of Business Planning
- Securing early stage finance in Ireland
- Time for a New Business Model
- Delivering a Winning Business Plan Pitch
- How to forecast sales more accurately – Part I
- How to forecast sales more accurately- Part II
- Duct Tape Marketing – Lessons from America
- Top 10 Tips for Writing a Business Plan
- Interview with Alan Gleeson (Smarta.com )
- Alan Gleeson Interview (2012)
- Alan Gleeson on Business Planning
Alan has spoken at a number of events:
- Tech Entrepreneurs Week (London): Raising Early Stage Finance
- General Assembly (London): Marketing Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Business Startup Exhibition (London): Will my Idea Work?
- London Business School MBA Business Plan Competition (London) : Business Planning
- London School of Economics (London) : The Importance of Sales Forecasting
- University of Oxford (Oxford): Introduction to Palo Alto Software
- Irish International Business Network Conference (Dublin) An Introduction to Social Media
- Smarta 100 (London) The Ultimate Business Plan
If you would like Alan to speak at an event please contact him via the contact page.